https://www.abaconnect.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/11/behaviorplanning.png 338 563 ABA Connect https://www.abaconnect.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/04/ABA_CONNECT_LOGO_NO_TAG_NUHB_V3_proStyle-e1617647363201.gif ABA Connect2018-11-04 22:10:122018-11-04 22:10:12Behavior Intervention Plan (BIP)
Behavior Intervention Plan (BIP)
Selecting interventions is based on:
- what a behavioral assessment deems to be the problem behavior and its function as determined by data analysis
- what the client needs in terms of a replacement behavior
- the social significance of the change
- evaluating the environment to see if it will produce reinforcement for the client after the intervention has been discontinued
- keeping client’s preferences in mind
Good behavioral definitions are:
- objective – referring only to observable characteristics
- clear – no ambiguity
- complete – giving examples of behavior and non-behavior
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!