Independent Pathways ABA Program
ABA for Children with Autism
The Independent Pathways Program is a comprehensive and structured program designed to empower children between the ages of 8 and 12 in developing essential life skills and promoting independence. The program takes a holistic approach, recognizing that each child has their unique strengths, challenges, and potential.
The Independent Pathways Program aims to provide children with the tools, strategies, and support they need to navigate their own path towards independence. It focuses on cultivating a wide range of skills that are crucial for everyday life. Personalized treatment plans that address the specific needs of each child are developed by utilizing a comprehensive assessment process. Our clinical team works closely with the children, their families, and other stakeholders to create a supportive and engaging learning environment.
The Independent Pathways Program promotes a positive and friendly atmosphere, emphasizing the child’s potential for growth and self-determination. It celebrates small victories, encourages self-expression, and provides opportunities for the child to practice their skills in real-life and simulated situations.
Ultimately, the Independent Pathways Program strives to empower children to become more self-reliant, confident, and capable of navigating their lives with greater independence, setting them on a positive trajectory for their future.
Skills that can be targeted in the Independent Pathways Program:
- Communication Skills: We teach a wide variety of communication modalities such as augmentative and alternative communication (AAC) systems, sign language and visual supports.
- Self-Care Skills: Promoting independence in daily living skills, including personal hygiene, dressing, grooming, eating, and toileting.
- Emotional Regulation Skills: Teaching strategies for identifying and managing emotions, developing coping skills and promoting emotional well-being.
- Social Skills
- Problem-Solving Skills
- Executive Functioning Skills
- Community and Safety Skills
- Independent Living Skills
- Recreation and Leisure Skills
Support Independence, Uncover Potential!